This is a story I wrote that contains most (maybe all) of the sounds in the English language. It’s a silly story that doesn’t have any special meaning. I designed this to be a tool for teachers to discover students’ pronunciation problems. If you’d like ideas about how to use this, be sure to read the instructions as well as download the mp3 and transcript.
- Read the story slowly and clearly from beginning to end without stopping. Reading this story quickly is not important.
- Listen to the mp3 or look at the IPA Key in the transcript if you’re not sure how to pronounce a word.
- Be sure to pronounce every word completely.
- Listen to the student slowly read the story.
- On your own copy of the story, circle every word the student does not say correctly.
NOTE: To save these files instead of opening them in your browser, right-click on the icon and choose “Save link as…” or “Save target as…“